Sunday, November 11, 2012

Vegan Aloo Matar

The Indian food in London was some of the best cuisine I've ever tasted. Since then, I've been so intrigued by the favors... they're very different than what I'm used to and sort of intimidating. Searched around a bit today for some more vegan recipes and found this. So simple and I had everything at home already!
Ingredients:
Olive oil, 1/2 an onion, 2 cloves garlic, about 1 inch of fresh ginger grated, 4 red skin potatoes, 1 cup of frozen peas, 1 cup crushed canned tomatoes, red pepper flakes, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, garam masala (I made my own), cilantro, and s&p.
I sautéed the onion with red pepper flakes, cumin, and turmeric until softened (however much of these seasonings you like, we like it hot!). Add garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, diced potatoes, peas, chili powder, and s&p (again to your taste). Also add about 3 cups of hot water. Cover and simmer for about 30-40 minutes, until the potatoes are soft. Take cover off, turn off heat, add chopped cilantro and garam masala. Serve over rice.
 

 

 

 

 

No comments: