Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sautéed onion and fennel salad with roasted salmon

Fennel bulb is one thing that I've never cooked with before. So I was excited to learn that fennel bulb goes really well with salmon, which we had in the freezer already!

First, I preheated the oven to 350 degrees. Then, I sautéed four chopped fennel bulbs, one very large chopped onion, and red pepper flakes in olive oil. After a few minutes I added some chopped garlic, s&p, lemon and lime zest, and Italian seasoning. After a few more minutes, I added the juice of said lemon and lime and then added 4 thawed salmon filets on top of this mixture. I put the whole pan in the oven for about 10 minutes. In that time, I microwaved a bag of frozen brown rice (best invention ever!). Serve with chopped green onion and chopped parsley.

 

 

No comments: